With December approaching, we all want to wear our bikinis and swimming costumes at the beach or pool parties, now is a great time to consider your options when it comes to keeping your bikini line, underarms, and legs smooth, bump-free, and swimsuit ready.
Most of the ladies prefer shaving because it’s quick and pain-free, (when done right). However, for various cosmetic reasons professionals say waxing is the better way to go.
There are mainly two types of wax that are used widely, hot and or cold wax
Hot wax is melted and applied to the skin with a plastic spatula. Whilst the wax becomes cooler it molds itself around the hair follicles, gripping them firmly. Usually ideal for the underarm area and bikini line.
Cold wax, works in very similar to the above but usually comes pre-measured on prepared strips. Strips are a great solution for home-waxing, as they don’t require a heat source. Usually ideal for bigger areas like the legs, eyebrows, arms, and back
Why wax? Here are some benefits and reasons why we should wax:
- Waxing won’t normally cause bumps, especially on the pubic area.
- It lasts longer than shaving because it pulls the hair from the roots.
- No cuts that can leave you with scars, especially if you have skin that is susceptible to discoloration even for a minor cut.
- Shaving can cause rashes on sensitive skin.
- For many, waxing makes the hair grow slower and finer.
- Waxing produces smoother results because hair is pulled from the root.
- Shaving can result in stubbles. If you don’t shave often enough, your legs will feel rough and abrasive.
- Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without feeling itchy, because of slower hair regrowth.
Waxing can be done at most spas or beauty salons such as Sorbet and Refresh Health and Beauty or it a can be done in the comfort of your own home by you or a professional.